Last updated 2 years ago
Whether you're thinking of moving from your office or home, moving can be a daunting task. Maybe you're considering hiring a moving company, but you don't know what moving companies can do for you. Here are 4 ways moving companies can make your commercial or long distance move go smoothly.
Moving crews will be able to pack your goods for you, saving you time and ensuring that your goods are packed safely and professionally. Professional packers will also provide specially designed cartons and other materials to make sure that none of your goods are damaged during transport.
- Assembly and Disassembly
If you have large pieces of furniture or other difficult items, moving crews will also help you disassemble any larger items you may have. You can save your energy while making sure that your goods are all properly disassembled when you're moving out of your home or office.
- Heavy Lifting
Moving companies can also help you move your goods in and out of the moving van, which means you won't be straining yourself trying to move your heavier goods. Because moving crews are well-trained in lifting and moving heavy objects, you won't have to worry about damaging your fragile goods.
Finally, moving companies ensure a safe and clean move. Most moving companies will hold themselves liable for damage, so even if something does get damaged, you will receive compensation. Because it's important to make sure that everything is moved safely and promptly, you may want to spend a little extra money to make sure that you're hiring a competent moving crew.
Moving companies offer many services to ensure that your long distance move isn't stressful. IF you are searching for movers in Long Island, visit us at Hall Lane Moving & Storage. We can help you plan your next move to make sure that you and your goods are at your new place on time.
Last updated 2 years ago
Relocating your home or office can be tedious and stressful, but if prepare yourself ahead of time, the process can be made infinitely easier.
In this video, you’ll receive expert advice on how to choose the best moving company available, including a checklist of things you’ll need, and an in-depth look into selecting a moving company.
If you live in the New York City area and need Long Island moving services, contact us at Hall-Lane Moving. We specialize in residential and corporate relocations, and can provide you with professional and efficient service—call us to receive an estimate today!
Last updated 1 year ago
Hall Lane Moving and Storage of Commack have joined Move For Hunger to collect unwanted, non-perishable food from those who are relocating, to be donated to Long Island Cares - The Harry Chapin Food Bank. Move For Hunger was established to strengthen the efforts of local food banks, while actively engaging in America's fight against hunger.
By using their unique knowledge and experience, Hall Lane Moving and Storage will enlist those who are relocating to donate unopened, non-perishable food that they will not take to their new destination. Every time their movers go out on an estimate or perform a move, they will leave behind a box for food items which they will pick up and deliver to Long Island Cares where it will be distributed to families in need.
Long Island Cares Executive Director Paule Pachter was impressed with this innovative way for the Moving and Storage industry to get involved with the fight against hunger. "By teaming up with moving companies like Hall Lane and Move For Hunger, I have no doubt that this program will bring a tremendous amount of relief to those most in need of our help."
Clell Hall of Hall Lane said "it was a no-brainer to get involved. As you are aware, many people throw out a good deal of stuff when they move. Unfortunately, a lot of this stuff is good, non-perishable food that could be delivered to a family in need rather than thrown away. That's where we come in. We are proud to be able to help in this way," he said.
Established in 1950 Hall Lane Moving and Storage has grown from a small, local mover to New York Metro's top-rated, multi-purpose residential and corporate relocation company. Hall Lane is a complete full-service mover in Long Island, offering residential and corporation services on a domestic and international basis. Their moving expertise has earned them the privilege of transporting priceless Egyptian artifacts for New York museums, relocating assets of Long Island's finest high-tech companies, handling the relocation of a company headquarters overseas, and moving the priceless belongings of a family.
Click here to read the entire press release.
Last updated 2 years ago
Finding the right moving company is critical to the success of your residential or corporate relocation. But how can you determine if a moving company is reliable, efficient, and (most importantly) legitimate? If you are planning a move, be sure to ask your prospective moving company the following questions:
1. What Does the Quote Cover? - When you receive a quote from a moving company, it’s a good idea to find out exactly what it includes. Will you be charged per pound, by mileage, or by the hour? Are extra costs such as flight, storage-in-transit, or customs fees included? Hall-Lane offers Straight Talk Price Assurance which means no open-ended estimates, no hidden fees and no surprises!
2. What Is the Projected Timeframe? - You’ll need to identify when the movers are arriving and when they expect to be completed so that you can plan your packing accordingly. Reliable movers will confirm the timeframe a few weeks prior to the moving date so that you can let them know if you are running behind schedule.
3. What Does Your Insurance Policy Include? - Most moving companies include coverage for your belongings at no extra cost. However, the type of coverage offered may have an impact on how you pack valuable or fragile items. It’s also a good idea to find out if your prospective moving company has an insurance policy that covers its own workers. If they are not legally liable for their employees and an accident occurs on your property, you’ll be held responsible.
4. What’s Your Registration Number? - United States moving companies are required to register with the US Department of Transportation—if they travel across state lines, they should also be registered with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Association. Use these numbers to verify the legitimacy of your prospective moving company, and keep them on file should you need to make a complaint.
Looking for more tips on the moving process in general? Check out the Hall-Lane Moving website and find everything you need to know about moving on our Moving Aids page. If you need moving services in Long Island, feel free to contact our experts to find out more information!
Last updated 2 years ago
Office relocations can be more difficult than other moves due to the sheer quantity and type of items being relocated. If you are planning a corporate move, it helps to have a checklist to guide you through the process. Read through our list below to get an idea of the basic steps:
- Contact Utilities:
Call your phone, internet, water, and electric companies so that these services will be available as soon as you arrive at your new location, and will be discontinued at your old offices.
- Notify Your Clients:
Let your customers and clients know that you will be moving. Send out reminder emails with your new contact information, and update your website with your new address and number prior to your moving date.
- Map Out Your New Location:Determine how your new office space will accommodate existing staff, office supplies, and IT systems, and if the new floor plan will necessitate smaller or bigger furniture. Be sure to let your moving company and employees know the layout prior to moving day.
- Assign Responsibilities:Delegate responsibilities to your employees or team members. Also, consider setting up a timeline for each task to be accomplished, so that each party can stay on schedule.
- Purchase Packing Supplies:Have boxes, labels, markers and other packing materials available ahead of time to avoid last minute runs to a moving or office supply store. Appropriately label boxes so that they can be efficiently unpacked upon arrival.
- Make a Final Inspection:Review your checklist with your moving company and business colleagues, and walk through your old office to make sure that the space has been properly cleaned.
If you need commercial movers in Long Island, give us a call at Hall Lane Moving. Our Moving Aids page is a comprehensive resource (and includes week-by-week timelines and checklists), and our Corporate Moving page details our Office Relocation Services—call us today for a free consultation!